UTICA, NY – JETNET LLC, the world leader in aviation market intelligence, today announced results from its latest JETNET iQ research on the state of the business aviation industry. These results were released on the opening day of the 2011 National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) Convention in Las Vegas, NV, the world’s largest gathering of business aviation professionals.
At the heart of JETNET iQ is a proprietary quarterly on-line survey of business aircraft owners and operators. Respondents are contacted directly by JETNET’s 42-person multilingual research team and provided a unique password and electronic link to the survey, which is available in 7 languages (Arabic, English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, and Russian).
Survey respondent profile (Q1 through Q3 2011):
- 1,500 owners and operators of 3,500 fixed wing turbine aircraft in 80 countries
- 59% North America, 19% Latin America & Caribbean, 13% Europe, 4% Asia Pacific, 4% Africa,
- 1% Middle East and Former Soviet Union
- 32% senior management / 68% aviation professional
- 53% made or influenced the last aircraft purchase decision